Sundown Optimist Buffalo Gals
The Buffalo Gals were formed in 1967 as part of Canada’s Centennial Celebration, and named after Regina’s Buffalo Days Exhibition.
From the early beginnings of the Twirling Teens to the excitement of today’s World Team, the original concept of the Buffalo Gals remains the same: participation in Buffalo Gals provides an opportunity for baton twirling students to practice and perfect their sport in an atmosphere of camaraderie with their baton twirling buddies.
Lasting friendships are formed by students and parents alike and this spirit of co-operation among their competitive peers enables the Buffalo Gals to set their personal goals high and work together in a supportive atmosphere to realize their dreams.
The Buffalo Gals parents work diligently as well and, together with the Sundown Optimist Club, have provided the Gals the opportunity to travel to many National and World Championships. As well, two special performances at Optimist International Conventions remain a highlight to this day.
- President – Nancy Lightheart
- Past President – Joanne Moser
- Vice-President – Sarah Kennedy
- Secretary – Angela Miller
- Treasurer – Jenelle Davison
- Social – Deann Horton & Susan Hornung
- Publicity – Patricia Stewart & Carrie Nobert
- Fundraising – Daphne Fiorante & Karen Hendry
- Team Manager – Bonnie Runge
- Bingo Liason – Chantal Onsworth
- Mosaic Events Liaison – Colette Wagner
Sanctions Coordinator – Leeann Skinner
Tracksuit Coordinators – Deann Horton and Susan Hornung