Lindsay has been teaching dance since the age of 19. Growing up at Martin School of Dance she took Tap, Jazz, Ballet, Acro, Lyrical and Musical Theatre. Mentoring under Maureen Johnson and Wendy Spicer, she holds certification in ADAPT (tap and jazz), Acrobatic Arts, and CDTA (stage and modern). She loves teaching all levels and disciplines, helping her students to achieve all their goals within dance and life!
As an instructor her students have been very successful in competition, winning numerous awards and scholarships. They have also gone on to pursue their dreams after graduation wherever those lead. She has won numerous choreography awards herself, and has had the opportunity to be a guest teacher at multiple studios across Saskatchewan and Alberta. Her passion is felt by students and parents alike.
Along with teaching she has had many opportunities in her own dance career. She is a former member of the Martin Showcase Dancers (Tap and Jazz). She has danced in commercials such as Casino Regina and Casino Moose Jaw (Phoenix Group, aired 2002/2003). Backup dancer for artists such as K-OS and Weird Al. She spent 4 years dancing and stunting with the 620 CKRM Rider Cheer Team and danced with DreaLee Dance Company (Sherwood Park).
“I am beyond grateful to be the new Director of Martin School of Dance and Baton Twirling. Having grown up at the studio I am excited to carry on the traditions, values and family atmosphere the studio is known for. I look forward to meeting everyone, and continuing to grow the legacy that is Martin!”
- Associate Member: Canadian Dance Teachers Association (Sask Brach) – Stage Division
- Associate Member: Canadian Dance Teachers (Sask Branch) – Modern Division
- Accredited and Certified Instructor – ADAPT Syllabus (Tap and Jazz)
- Accredited and Certified teacher: Acrobatic Arts
- Elementary Tap and Jazz Certificates, Canadian Dance Teachers Association
- Intermediate 3 Tap and Jazz Certificates, ADAPT Syllabus
- Grade 8 Ballet – Royal Academy of Dance
- Former Member: Martin Showcase Dancers