An extension of jazz and modern techniques. Contemporary dance is a mixture of multiple styles creating new movement, textures and pictures very much like contemporary art.
This program is for the student who is looking to further develop their training at a higher intensity. Students will be prepared for competitions in the disciplines they are taking.
Students must be enrolled in Competitive Ballet to take this class
* Tuition is per month, based on 34 classes in the dance year. Classes run from September – June
- Black leotard, with optional leggings or shorts with Mondor (#312 or #314) in Suntan, or a color that matches dancer’s skin tone, or
- Black t-shirt (tight fitting) with black pants or leggings
- Bare feet or dance socks
- Hair – Ponytail or bun (tied back and off the face)
* We fully support our dancers if they would like to alter the color of their tights and shoes to match their skin tone.