Nancy began dancing at Martin School of Dance and Baton Twirling when she was 5 years old. She participated in tap, jazz, ballet, acro and baton twirling until she was 17. During that time, she was a member of the Sundown Optimist Buffalo Gals and competed provincially, nationally, and internationally. She attended the World Championships five times with the SOBG team and won a bronze medal, 2 silver medals and finally a gold medal at the World Championships in 1991. The team went on to be recognized as the Sask Sport team of the year in 1991 and were inducted into the Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame in the team category.
Nancy has continued her development in dance and baton through continued education and learning. She is a coaching 3 level with the Canadian Baton Twirling Federation and a certified Master judge with the World Baton Twirling Federation. She is also certified in the Acrobatic Arts syllabus with the Preschool program and Level 1 certification.
Nancy is active in the baton community, serving on the Saskatchewan Baton Twirling board for the past 15 years and as president of the Sundown Optimist Baton Group for the past 7 years. She has also served as the team manager for the Canadian Contingent travelling to internationally events 4 times.
“I hope to instill the same love of baton and dance in my student as my teachers and coaches did for me.”
- Bachelor of Physical Education – Athletic Therapy
- Canadian Baton Twirling Federation (CBTF) Coaching 3 – Coaches Certification
- CBTF Module 3/4 Judges Certification
- World Baton Twirling Federation (WBTF) Master Judge Certification
- Acrobatic Arts Certification – AcroDance PreSchool and Level 1
- NCCP- Level 1 Coaches Certification
- Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame Inductee – Team
- Former Member: Sundown Optimist Buffalo Gals (SOBG)
- Former Member: Martinettes Tap and Jazz Groups