Sam started dancing at the age of 5 and quickly fell in love with it. There was no getting her to sit still so her mom thought dance would be a great addition to her life. At the age of 10, she came to Martin and found her creative outlet and forever family. Since the start of her dance career, Sam has trained in many styles of dance such as ballet, jazz, tap, pointe, lyrical, contemporary, hip-hop, latin, and heels. It has been 17 years since she took her first dance class and her love of dance has not wavered one bit. Along with teaching, Sam has graduated from the University of Regina where she studied the liberal arts and psychology. At the same time of finishing her degree, she started school at Saskpolytech and is in the process of becoming a dental hygienist.
Over the span of her dance career, Sam has accumulated multiple scholarships for herself and choreography awards for her routines including a first-place finish in the Dance Evolution Dance Off with her senior group known as OG’53 in 2018. She has also assisted at many dance conventions and has ventured off to Los Angeles to train in multiple styles of hip-hop at the Millennium Dance Complex. Along with being a dance teacher at Martin, she is also a member of the 620 CKRM Rider Cheer Team, a coach at Boss Cheer Athletics, and she is one of the head coaches of the University of Regina Dance Team.
- B.A in Liberal Studies
- Current member of the 620 CKRM Rider Cheer Team
- Co-coach of the University of Regina Dance Team
- Previous coach of the Leboldus Suns Dance Team
- Trained in Los Angeles at Millennium Dance Complex
- Advanced Foundation – Royal Academy of Dance
- Intermediate 2 Jazz (ADAPT)
- Youth dancer in the production of A Bug’s Life
- Youth dancer in the Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker
- Assistant for Dance Jam Conventions
- Former member of the Martin Showcase Dancers